Inspired by our recent adventures in Sicily, we were thrilled to welcome back Marco Scapagnini, wine importer and director of NicheItaly Tours. Marco imports a number of award winning Sicilian wines from Firriato Winery that will make our dinner absolutely authentic and tasty!
Every meal in Sicily was filled with delights from the ocean (and eggplant!) so who better to create a Sicilian-inspired meal than Henry Dewey and Angela Early of Penn Avenue Fish Company.
Thank you for joining us in the Strip District to enjoy the tastes of Sicily (and we WERE lucky – Jack had his projector for photos).
- Sparkler – Mionetto Prosecco Brut NV (not from Sicily – but you have to start with bubbly!)
- White – Branciforti Dei Bordonaro 2013 (Grillo)
- White – Le Sabbie dell’Etna 2013 (Etna Bianco)
- Red – Branciforti Dei Bordonaro 2013 (Nero D’Avola)
- Red – Le Sabbie dell’Etna 2012 (Etna Rosso)
- Sicilian Octopus & Calamari Salad – fresh arugula, Belgian endive, frisee, toasted pine nuts, pesto vinaigrette
- Sardine & Eggplant Caponata – roasted eggplant, zucchini, squash, capers, tomatoes
- Penne Gian Carlo – penne, fresh tomatoes, green onions, smoked salmon, ricotta, olive oil, fresh herbs
- Eggplant di Sarde – eggplant, sardines, pink peppercorn, white wine, sage
- Wheel of Yellowfin Tuna – flame roasted tuna, fresh herbs, cherry tomato confit